Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mike Brown

Watch these video's first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhej1A7igtM Wilson's Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ga8xM8W4M Store Robbery

I'm just going to say it straight up: I am on the side of the officer in the shooting of Mike Brown.

Now here's why.

Okay first thing first Mike Brown was seen on video footage STRONG ARM robbing a convenience store moments before his death. This is obviously not a valid reason to shoot someone to death but I am using this to speak on his character and to show that he is a person capable of doing what the officer later says he did. 

If you watch the video he walks right up to the front reaches right past this short Indian clerk grabs his cigarillos and proceeds to leave. The little Indian guy pathetically tries to stop this large 6'4" heavy set guy by standing in his way and Mike Brown shoves him in a brute manner with no remorse. He's in this "King-Kong" mode (no racial implication intended strictly allegorical) 

Okay with that being said, still no reason for him to die.

Now let's get to the altercation. First off lets completely ignore whether or not the officer knew if he stole from the store or not. No cop would last a week if he walked around shooting people for petty thefts.

Brown is walking in the middle of the street (now keep in mind he has just STRONG ARM robbed a convenience store, obviously has no consideration of being discreet FURTHER making me believe he's in this "fuck you goin do about it" or "King-Kong" mode as I described earlier.)

Okay now the officer tells him to get out of the street. After an exchange of words Brown approaches the cop car where the is another short exchange (Both Officer Wilsons testimony and witness testimony support this AND more importantly DNA evidence of Mike Brown on the inside door of cruiser) AND THEN HE PUNCHES THE COP. I would like to say at this point I STILL don't believe Brown deserves to be shot.

*Officer Wilsons Story* he says at this point he pulls out his gun and tells Brown to stop. Brown GRABS HIS GUN. He says he tries to to fire twice and it doesn't because Browns hand is on top of the gun. Finally the third time he shoots Brown (evidence confirmed that two shots were fired in the car). Story goes Brown, after being shot charges back at the Officer and he shoots him again how ever many times.

Now honestly ask yourself does officer Wilsons story sound implausible? Especially considering the physical evidence backing it up and the character of Mike Brown? (please dont misinterpret that as though charter is a meaning to be shot honestly guy coulda been just having a bad day or on a power trip)

But I am Officer Wilsons' height and If a 6'4" heavy set man with no respect for authority (at least in this instance) approaches me and punches me (pretend I'm/you're a cop) in my cop car and I pull out my gun and tell him to stop and he GRABS MY GUN! all bets are off. At this point my life was unnecessarily put in danger by this guys actions and I have no clue what his intentions are BUT i do know that he's bigger and stronger than me. I, in this instance would have shot Mike Brown too AS MANY TIMES AS NECESSARY. Now is when people ignore the human element and say "but did he have to kill him or shoot him that many times" Okay, lets ignore the fact that he says he shot him once and he charged back (I dont mean that sarcastically let's honestly ignore that, it cant be proven though some witnesses say it is so)

Cops are not infallible. They are humans and subject to human instincts that no amount of training can nullify. And the law has taken these into consideration thus why we even have "Self-Defense" in the first place. I have to excuse Officer Wilson in the shooting of Mike Brown the minute he laid hands on Officer Wilsons gun. (Why did he punch a cop in his car and reach in his window in the first place????)

To me at the very best this case isn't controversial enough for this national stage it's getting.

Btw Officer Wilson gives a very candid interview.



No comments:

Post a Comment